UI Developer, Cape Town CBD
Role: Front-End Designer
Location: Cape Town
About my client:
Founded in 2012, they are an online technology and services company with offices in Malta, London, Gibraltar and Cape Town. They are looking to expand the Cape Town office.
We’re looking for someone to create graphics content as well as HTML and CSS, and to assist in the design and appearance of online marketing web sites. You will provide graphic design for projects, email newsletters, promotional ads, landing pages, and online marketing materials, as well as provide production support for related websites and projects. If you’re highly creative and skilled in these areas, we’re interested in talking to you.
- Designing and building professional, impactful page layouts, landing pages and html mailers.
- Visualising new concepts and promotions, as well as taking basic concepts and developing them into finished web pages and promotions.
- Passionate about web design and graphics, self-motivated and willing to ‘go the extra mile’ to design and build stunning web pages to tight deadlines.
- Enthusiastic, flexible, reliable, capable of working alone or as part of a team.
Skillset and Qualifications – Essential:
- Adobe PhotoShop.
- Precise layout skills with an exceptional eye for detail.
- Very good working knowledge of HTML and CSS at code level.
- Able to build pixel-perfect web pages either from your own design layouts or designs produced by other members of the team.
- Able to work on numerous projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities.
- You will have an impressive portfolio of web design projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Skills – Desirable:
- Adobe Illustrator skills.
- WordPress skills.
- Bootstrap Knowledge.
- GitHub Knowledge.
- A degree (or equivalent qualification) in web design or similar