Mid Level PHP Developer, Cape Town (Remote after probation)
Since 2004, they have been a competitive force in the technology and e-commerce space. They have grown their team and held firm to their culture of family, creative expression and conscientiousness. Their most valuable strength is their people. Their technical expertise, vast experience and creative minds are what makes this “family” click.
Competitive salaries and epic company perks!
R45000 basic + Medical Aid of R1000 after 3 months probation (1315 after 1-year service) + vitality contribution + 20 days leave after 1-year service.
MID-SENIOR PHP DEVELOPER (HIGH LEVEL)
My client is looking for an outstanding and talented high-level Mid-Senior PHP Developer be responsible for developing full-stack systems in PHP within the company’s ecosystem of applications such as bespoke Customer Management, Fraud Detection, Payment integrations, Rewards Platform, Reporting systems as well as maintenance and enhancements to existing systems and the development of new systems.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to, the following:
- Planning and design of systems implementation
- System’s development through reusable, testable code and libraries
- Full-stack development of system features
- Related data-structures, queries, and their software life-cycle management
- Detailed documentation of all developed systems and their day-to-day processes
- Development of personal skill set in-line with industry trends to meet company objectives
- Ongoing research & development in-line with business objectives
- Continuing evaluation and optimisation of systems
- Monitoring and support of systems on an as-needed basis
Skills and Qualifications
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in PHP development on projects (with depth)
- Relevant working experience in an e-Commerce or transactional systems background
- Proficient in PHP in a Linux ecosystem
- PHP frameworks
- Proficient in SQL (writing some SQL in their code)
- Debugging / Profiling
- Testable code practices
- Version Control
- SOA environment experience advantageous (we are open to new technologies and virtual environments)
- Linux command line